Enter your personal details below:
Enter your account details below:
Borrowing Terms and Conditions
1. Loan Form
1. A Loan Form must be completed via MyTurn for each carrier you borrow with your full name, address and contact details, loan charges and due date.
2. Your personal details will be kept in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (the “GDPR”) using the MyTurn system, and will only be used to contact you in relation to your library loan.
2. Loan Cost and Duration
1. Only one carrier of each type may be borrowed by each family at any one time. The Library will limit the total number of carriers borrowed depending on availability.
2. The standard loan period is 3 weeks, or until the date of the next Sling Meet. At our discretion, you may arrange to borrow a carrier for a shorter or longer period.
3. Each carrier loan costs £5 for up to 3 weeks. The minimum charge for any loan is £5.
1. A fully refundable deposit may be required for each loan. The deposit amount is dependent on the value of the carrier or accessory being borrowed and, if taken, will be returned in full following the timely return of the carrier undamaged with all instructions and any additional accessories.
2. You will be liable for the cost of the replacement of any lost carriers, accessories or instructions. Charges for items damaged beyond normal wear and tear will be judged on a case by case basis.
4. Payment Methods
1. Loan costs are payable by cash, cheque or Paypal payment.
5. Late Returns
1. If you return your carrier late we reserve the right to charge £1 per day late fees for every day past the agreed returns due date at our discretion.
2. Under adverse or unforeseen circumstances, we may reduce or waive fines for late returns as long as the late period is less than 7 days and has been fully agreed by us before the end of the loan period.
3. If we do not hear from you within 30 days from the start of your loan, we will consider the carrier lost and you will be liable for the cost of its replacement.
4. If you are unable to return your carrier by the agreed date due to Library staff illness or holidays, we will extend your loan period for free and agree a new returns due date with you.
5. Persistent lateness with returns, rehires or late fees may result in you no longer being able to hire from the library.
1. Returns can be made at times and locations publicised each month. It is the borrower’s responsibility to contact the library to make alternative arrangements for the prompt return of the carrier if they are unable to attend.
7. Condition of the Carrier
1. All carriers are checked before lending to ensure that they are in good condition and working order. The borrower may check the condition of the carrier prior to the start of the loan and must confirm on the loan form that it is in working order.
2. It is the borrower’s responsibility to check over the carrier before every use. Check all buckles, hems and seams ensuring that there are no tears, breaks, cracks or holes. If any damage is discovered, please stop using the carrier immediately and contact us.
8. Safe Use of Carriers
1. All carriers are provided with instructions for safe use. If, for any reason they are not supplied, it is the borrower’s responsibility to ask for a copy of the instructions. Wherever possible instructions supplied will be the manufacturer’s instructions; if not, then they will be suitable instructions for a similar carrier. For convenience, links to instructions for each carrier may be found on the website.
2. The borrower must read all safety, use and care instructions provided prior to using the carrier. Carriers must only be used in accordance with the instructions given.
3. All carriers are extremely safe when used properly, however misuse can cause injury to yourself or child. It is your responsibility to ensure that you are using the carrier correctly and that your baby is safe at all times. The Isle of Man Sling Library cannot be held responsible for any accident that results in injury or death whilst the carrier is in your care.
4. We suggest that after familiarising yourself with the instructions given you then practice using the carrier with a doll/teddy or cushion/pillow so that you get used to the tying/fastening/adjusting methods.
5. Always ensure that you seat your child correctly in the carrier and check any knots regularly as children do not stay still and straps and wrap passes can move or become loosened.
6. If you feel any pain while carrying your child, change the carrying position or remove the carrier.
7. If you are unsure about anything you read in the instructions, are not sure what you’re doing or are at all concerned, please ask us. We can point you in the direction of lots of helpful sites to give you tips to make sure you’re getting the best out of the carrier and using it safely.
9. Care of Carriers
1. Under no circumstances is it permitted to smoke whilst wearing or holding the carrier. Please inform us if you are a smoker, or if there is a smoker in your home as we will need to carefully launder the carrier after it is returned. Smoking is known to increase the risk of cot death for babies, and these risks have also been linked to babies being in close contact with clothing or objects contaminated with smoke particles.
2. Do not wash the carrier. We will clean all carriers regularly and know how to deal with the usual marks. If you feel it is necessary that the carrier is cleaned while on loan to you, please contact us first for advice.
3. We cannot guarantee that there are no marks or hairs on the carriers we lend. Carriers are spot-cleaned and only laundered if necessary as freshly washed carriers will not be as soft or flexible as those that are not. If you would prefer to use a freshly laundered carrier please request this before you borrow.
4. We cannot guarantee that there are no animal hairs on our carriers, but we ask that all carriers are kept away from pets to minimise this possibility. If you are very allergic to animal hairs, please request that the carrier be laundered before you borrow it to help reduce any potential reaction.
5. Food and posset marks are expected when carrying children, but please keep the sling away from anything that may stain more permanently (oil, paint, pens, etc.), or anything that might damage it (scissors, velcro, keys in your bag, fire, etc.). The cost of damage beyond normal wear and tear may be removed from your deposit.
All slings, carriers, instructions and accessories remain the property of the Isle of Man Sling Meet at all times, and all loans are subject to availability and our discretion.
T&Cs are reproduced by kind permission of the South London Sling Library.
GDPR Data Protection Notice – 2018,
Your personal data – what is it?
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by [the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (the “GDPR”)].
Who are we?
Isle of Man Sling Meet is the data controller (contact details below). This means it decides how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
How do we process your personal data?
The Library complies with its obligations under [the GDPR] by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data. We use the MyTurn online system to hold personal data securely and log its location.
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
1. To contact customers [email] to notify them that the sling they have hired is due back
2. To send an invoice to a customer for either an agreed amount for rehire, or to cover a hire cost where it is due.
3. To contact customers [via email, telephone and text] if there is an overdue hire.
4. To follow up any non-returned items (assumed lost, damaged or stolen) via email, text, telephone and post.
5. To inform the customer of any upcoming sling library sessions or special sling library events
Isle of Man Sling Meet do not pass on or share any personal data with any third-party organisations.
What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
The legal basis is as per article 6/ 1a & 1b of the GDPR (http://www.privacy-regulation.eu/en/article-6-lawfulness-of-processing-GDPR.htm) which states:
1 a) “the data subject has given consent to the processing of his or her personal data for one or more specific purposes”
1 b) “Processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is party or in order to take steps at the request of the data subject prior to entering into a contract.”
How long do we keep your personal data?
We keep your personal data for no longer than reasonably necessary and we only retain your data for the following purposes and use the following criteria to determine how long to retain your personal data. Data is retained for a period of up to 2 years in case of any legal claims relating to hires, and to process hires, returns and invoicing of customers.
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Protection Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions. Where and whenever necessary, we will seek your prior consent to the new processing.
To exercise all relevant rights, queries of complaints please contact Isle of Man Sling Meet on email@example.com
Already have an account?
Forgot your password?